NEXT EVENT: Irvine City Council Meeting 2/28/17 (Public Comments)
Tuesday, 2/28/17 @ 4:00 PM • City Hall - City Council Chamber, 1 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606
For latest event information, please check our: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER
For the past 18 months, we have been battling the unthinkable. Southern California Edison (SCE) is preparing to construct a MONSTROUS 2.5-acre High-Voltage Three-Phase Substation on the only remaining parcel in the middle of our well-developed, master-planned Irvine Spectrum 5 Business Park... within 10 feet of existing businesses and 1200 feet of existing residential neighborhoods. High-Voltage Electrical Conduits spanning 3.5 miles are already being installed for this project within 100 feet of existing residential neighborhoods throughout Irvine (including Hidden Canyon, Laguna Altura, and Quail Hill). READ MORE...
WHO ARE WE
We are a diverse group of business owners and residents with the following in common:
- We moved to Irvine because of its beautiful master-planned communities.
- We moved to Irvine because of its reputation as one of the safest cities in the world.
- We moved to Irvine, Spectrum 5 because of its strict CC&Rs and City Building Codes.
- We are all shocked and furious at what is happening to Spectrum 5, and to the City of Irvine.
The City of Irvine is allowing Southern California Edison (SCE) to build and operate a MONSTROUS 2.5-acre High-Voltage Three-Phase Substation in the middle of the Irvine Spectrum 5 Business Park, plus 3.5 miles of High-Voltage Electrical Conduit throughout Irvine:
- In violation of City Zoning Codes & Ordinances.
- In violation of Environmental Policy Requirements.
- In violation of Irvine Spectrum 5's CC&Rs.
- Without undergoing the Mandatory Public Review Process.
- Without giving Official Public Notice or informing required parties.
- Within 10 feet of businesses and 1200 feet of residential neighborhoods (with conduits within 100 feet).
The real burden will fall upon IRVINE'S CITIZENS & RESIDENTS in the form of area overpopulation, increased traffic congestion, and other consequences of poor urban planning & development -- as this case will set a new precedent, shaping the future of planning & development in the City of Irvine for years to come.
- Health & safety risks.
- Loss of employees.
- Loss of tenants.
- Businesses have moved.
- Buildings are sitting empty ... and this is only the beginning!
- Protect Irvine's Charter City rights and its ability to enforce zoning codes, ordinances, and land use regulations.
- Verify the City enforces the applicable zoning codes, ordinances, and land use regulations for Spectrum 5.
- Help all involved parties identify safe and compatible sites for electrical substations and their operation.
- Ensure the High-Voltage Three-Phase Substation is relocated to a more suitable site using all legal means necessary.
- Inform the citizens of Irvine of irresponsible, unethical, and/or unlawful conduct by The Irvine Company, SCE, and the City of Irvine.
- Re-establish Irvine as a "pro-business" city it once was... benefiting the City, its businesses, its residents, and its taxpayers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP